Oil Proven Best at Protecting Engines From Rust
Intermittent use, prolonged storage, humidity and short drives can lead to the development of rust and corrosion, causing major damage to diesel engines.Examples of Applications Affected Include:
- Off-Road Equipment
NMMA FC-W Rust Test
Developed to evaluate corrosion protection in marine engines, the National Marine Manufacturers Asscociation (NMMA) FC-W Rust Test represents a stringent, difficult-to-pass test for any engine oil.
Metal coupons cut from actual Mercury cylinder liners are submerged in the test oil, placed in a salt humidity cabinet for 24 hours and rated.
Superior Marine-Grade Rust Protection
We subjected Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil and four competitors to two rounds of testing. To pass the test, the average rating of the oil being tested must be lower or equal to the reference oil average.
As seen in the graph, Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil delievered a strong pass, while three competing oils failed and one was a borderline pass.
Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil provides up to 2X better rust protection, outperforming competing diesel oils. (Based on industry standard testing using the NMMA FC-W Rust Test)
Why Should Consumers Buy AMSOIL SIgnature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil?
- 6X more engine protection1
- Highly optimized detergent package provides ultimate engine cleanliness and efficiency
- Extraordinary marine-grade rust protection
- Significantly exceeds industry requirements
- Full OEM specification coverage
- High TBN provides outstanding acid neutralization for long-term engine protection
- Reduces oil consumption
- Exceptional cold-temperature performance
- Top-grade protection for extended drain intervals
- Available in 5W-30, 0W-40, 5W-40 and 15W-40 viscosities