Oil Bypass Filtration - Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions in regard to oil bypass systems that help explain their role in removing smaller contaminants.
What is an oil bypass system?
An AMSOIL Bypass System introduces a secondary bypass filter that is used in conjunction with the vehicle’s current full-flow filter to better protect your engine. AMSOIL Ea Bypass Filters can efficiently remove particles down to 2 microns in size. To learn more about bypass systems click here.
Why Should I Install an Oil Bypass System?
Installing a bypass system has many benefits. It can help remove small contaminants from your oil, extending engine life. To learn more about bypass filtration and its benefits click here.
I don’t see my specific vehicle. Can I still put an oil bypass system on it?
Yes, an AMSOIL Bypass System can be used in nearly any application, from passenger vehicles to heavy-duty systems. If you do not see your specific application, choose a Universal Single-Remote or Universal Dual-Remote System, along with the appropriate adapter(s) for your application. If there are not adapters available for your application, you can still install a system by using different parts available from AMSOIL. Contact us (1-855-519-1529 or email@example.com) for more information.
Can I use the oil bypass system in my half-ton pickup?
Yes, an AMSOIL Bypass System can be used in nearly any application, from passenger vehicles to heavy-duty systems. While bypass filtration is beneficial in all applications, it has the most benefit in diesel applications due to the high soot content.
Can I use an oil bypass system in a racing application?
An AMSOIL Bypass System could be used in a racing application, but due to the extreme conditions presented in racing vehicles, AMSOIL cannot warranty a system used for this purpose.
Where do I install the oil bypass system?
- The mount should be located as close to the existing full-flow filter as possible.
- Select an area where the filtration system will not be damaged by road debris or off-road travel, and make sure the mounting structure is adequate to carry the weight of the filtration system.
- Find a location that physically has enough space for your system, as well as enough space where a filter can be installed.
- Try to mount the system as close to vertical as possible.
What are the AMSOIL oil bypass filter specifications?
All AMSOIL Ea Bypass Filters are 98.7 percent efficient at 2 microns.
Which adapter is needed for my vehicle?
|If your equipment uses this AMSOIL Filter||This is the thread used on that equipment||Use this adapter|
|EAO11||M22 x 1.5||BK299|
|EAO15||3/4 - 16 UNF||BK295|
|EAO17||M22 x 1.5||BK299|
|EAO23||M18 x 1.5||BK297|
|EAO24||13/16 – 16 UNS||BK302|
|EAO26||3/4 – 16 UNF||BK295|
|EAO34||3/4 – 16 UNS||BK295|
|EAO38||3/4 – 16 UNS||BK295|
|EAO42||3/4 – 16 UNF||BK295|
|EAO52||13/16 – 16 UNS||BK302|
|EAO59||13/16 – 16 UNS||BK302|
|EAO64||13/16 – 16 UNS||BK296|
|EAO98||1 – 16 UNF||BK300|
|EAO99||1 1/2 – 16 UN||BK301|
|EA15K09||3/4 – 16 UNS||BK295|
|EA15K12||M20 x 1.5||BK298|
|EA15K13||M20 x 1.5||BK298|
|EA15K29||M18 x 1.5||BK297|
|EA15K32||13/16 – 16 UNS||BK296|
|EA15K50||M22 x 1.5||BK299|
|EA15K51||3/4 – 16 UNS||BK295|
If you do not know which AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter you are using, or if you are not currently using an AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter, consult the AMSOIL product guide to see all AMSOIL products available for your vehicle. You will find the filter that fits your application and then you can use the above chart to find your adapter.
What is the longest length of hose that can be used for oil feed/return of the oil bypass system?
The amount of hose provided in the system is generally more than enough for both a feed and return line for most applications. Wherever you decide to mount your Bypass Filter System, try to mount it as close to the engine as possible.
Will using an oil bypass system void my vehicle’s warranty?
A properly installed AMSOIL Bypass System will not void your vehicle’s warranty. According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, to affect vehicle warranty an aftermarket part must be directly responsible for the failure.
WHAT AMSOIL WILL DO TO CORRECT A DEFECT COVERED BY OUR WARRANTY:
- The Bypass System and filter(s) must be returned.
- If there is engine damage and the vehicle is under warranty, file a claim with the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and notify AMSOIL at (715) 399-8324 immediately. In the alternative, you may mail a claim notice, along with the OEM denial, to AMSOIL INC., ATTN:Technical Services, 1 AMSOIL Center, Superior, WI 54880, postmarked within 30 days of failure or alleged defect.
- Keep the filter(s) and failed parts for inspection by AMSOIL unless given to the OEM. You must allow the AMSOIL Technical Services Department to examine the Bypass System and filters and, if necessary, the engine or equipment to determine the extent of damage and whether it was caused by a defective Bypass System.
How long can oil drains be extended when using oil bypass filtration systems?
AMSOIL Ea Bypass Filters are designed to remove fine particles; they are not meant to extend oil change intervals beyond original recommendations. However, when fine particles are filtered out of the motor oil, it may be possible to attain longer drain intervals. This should be determined by used oil analysis. In addition, the use of an AMSOIL Bypass System may allow for the use of larger oil filters, which can increase filtering capacity.